Haringey has set itself an ambitious target to become a Net Zero Carbon Borough by 2041. To deliver this, the Council will be facilitating and delivering projects and programmes across the built environment, addressing emissions from transport, homes, and businesses.
A key part of the boroughs Net Zero Carbon ambition is to develop and grow our Community Heat Networks. Delivering affordable and low carbon heat to homes and business in the borough and beyond. The networks are currently within our own housing portfolio, but we have plans to invest in new Decentralised Energy Networks (DENs) at a neighbourhood level including supplying private developments.
About the Role
The Principal Heat Network Operations Officer will work alongside the Energy Infrastructure Manager, Homes for Haringey (the Council’s social housing provider), and Housing & Regeneration development managers in setting the direction and supporting the growth of the Community Heat Networks and Decentralised Energy Network systems to ensure they are delivered and managed effectively. Main responsibilities will include:
- Manage and implement service delivery, leading on putting the relevant strategies into practice.
- Manage and own the Council’s design guidance and technical specification documents.
- Take a leading role in working with the Energy Infrastructure Manager and other stakeholders to set the direction of the Council’s decentralised energy network strategy.
For a full, comprehensive list of role responsibilities, please refer to the attached job description and person specification. (On website link)
We’re looking for someone with a strong commercial focus and the ability to work with many stakeholders in a complex environment with demonstrable knowledge of the planning and construction sector.
You will have a relevant degree in either the Engineering or the Environmental fields and will have at least 3 years’ experience working in a similar role e.g., property development or construction (with a housebuilder, constructor, consultant, housing association, energy services company or similar experience setting up new operating regimes for heat networks covering operation and maintenance). You should also have:
- Proven track record of successfully managing operational heating systems
- Understanding of development and construction processes
- Awareness of M&E design principles including metering and controls
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to research and draft reports, letters, and publicity material
Location: RIVER PARK HOUSE
Salary: £50,826 – £53,928