Be part of something big at Buro Happold; from helping shape entire cities to adapting infrastructure to deal with the climate emergency, a career at Buro Happold presents the chance to make a difference. With a world class reputation, our creativity and our people have delivered positive change to clients, the environment, and communities alike. If you want to be part of something bigger, this is your chance.
Type of contract: Permanent
Area of Expertise: Cities
Office / Project Location: London/Leeds/Bath
Ref No: 5136
Buro Happold have a strong Energy team based in London with further expertise and multi-disciplinary support across the UK and world. The Cities Energy team specialises in energy system policy, planning, design and delivery at individual scheme, campus, city and regional scales. We work from concept strategy through to detailed design and delivery including energy and power systems modelling, techno-economic analysis, smart grid architecture development and systems design.
We are looking for a senior person to join our Energy team and help deliver against our growth ambitions in the exciting area of smart energy and power systems integrated solutions (electrical). This includes developing client solutions in the fields of renewable energy, low carbon heating, microgrids, energy storage, digital energy and electric transportation, delivering the activities described above.
We are looking to add to the team with the appointment of a Senior or Associate Electrical Engineer to be based in our Leeds, Bath or London office (hybrid working is supported).
This Will Encompass:
• Reporting to the Associate Director (Energy)
• Provision of electrical engineering support and supervisory services to Energy team and wider Buro Happold organisation
• Portfolio management of a range of projects covering Masterplanning, local area energy planning, smart energy, e-mobility and renewable energy integration
• Capability development including overseeing the development of tools, models and analytical approaches
• Communications and marketing strategy support including developing material and identifying opportunities
We Are Looking For:
• Experience of integration of decentralized power generation from renewable sources including solar PVW
• Degree level, or equivalent, in electrical/power systems engineering or related discipline
• Demonstrable expertise in electrical system design typically in medium voltage (MV) levels with low voltage (LV) interfacing
• Skills including a track record of successful project delivery for a range of client types
• An understanding of the interface requirements of electrical systems in low carbon system design e.g., storage, renewables, low carbon heating, demand side response, electric vehicles and energy efficiency
• Ability to apply systems approach to complex problems in the energy and built environment sectors
• Ability to manage themselves effectively across multiple projects including project and programme management skills
• Experience of working in client facing roles with experience of developing client propositions and variations
• Ability to determine client requirements deploy various resources to meet these
• Strong numerical analysis and modelling skills
• Experience liaising with third party and internal stakeholders including organising and leading workshops.
• Familiar with network modelling and energy system modelling techniques
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate technical subjects to technical and non-technical audiences; confidence in presenting to external audiences.
• Initiative and ability to work autonomously
• Strong problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to remain calm when working to tight deadlines. Desirable skills
• Commercial knowledge of energy system operations
• Bid lead experience
• Experience of management of multi-disciplinary projects including multiple parties and skill sets across heat, power, gas and other utilities
We can offer the chance to be at the cutting edge of creativity in the built environment; on a local, national and global
Send your application to Buro Happold and take the first step on a journey to fulfilling your potential.
Buro Happold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. Buro Happold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We recognise and are committed to change the lack of representation of minority groups in our industry, and particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic individuals, disabled people and women across all our offices. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.
Apply now on-line